This accreditation will demonstrate the technician’s ability to:
- Diagnose an electrical fault when a vehicle’s electric system is integrated within a network communication system
- Determine a logical path for diagnosing/rectifying a vehicle’s electrical fault
Technicians will also have an in-depth knowledge of how its electrical system links and integrates with its communication system.
Technicians must pass five practical test and an online knowledge test.
The five practical assessments cover:
- Braking systems
- Engine electrical systems (engine management)
- Instructional support
- Vehicle electrical systems
- Customer liaison
Knowledge test comprises of 30 questions that must be completed in
45 minutes. Topics that may be included are:
- Health and safety
- Chassis, steering and brakes
Please find following the link to the IMI Registration formwhich has to be completed and returned prior to your course taking place.
Who should attend this course?
Candidates should be working in the light vehicle sector of the industry and ideally have at least five years’ experience
- An IMI Accredited certificate
- Inclusion on the IMI professional register
- Industry wide recognition of their skills and abilities
- Advice and guidance for development
- An opportunity for career progression
- It will assure you as a garage owner and your customers that your technicians are up to the National Occupational Standards
- You will be able to grade your technicians for pay awards
- Proof of current technical competence and professional responsibility
- A benchmark for technician recruitment and training
Candidates should be working in the light vehicle sector of the industry and ideally have at least five years’ experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to diagnose system faults, rectify the faults including replacing components, liaise with customers at all levels and be able to transfer their technical knowledge to others such as apprentices and technicians.
The duration of this course is 1 day.