What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Bus and Coach Body Cladding apprenticeships provide prospective body cladding technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a modern body repair technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Contributing to safe working practices in bus/coach engineering and maintenance
- Achieving effective working relationships with colleagues
- Conduct inspection of buses/coaches
- Carry out scheduled mechanical maintenance on buses/coaches
- Carrying out scheduled body maintenance on buses/coaches
- Assessing body damage
- Repairing damage
- Setting out and assembling bus/coach body components
Why choose this apprenticeship
TThe Bus and Coach Body Cladding apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce that's equipped with better skills.
And apprentices will develop the skills they need to carry out the role of a modern body repair technician, including assessing body damage, carrying out scheduled body maintenance and inspecting buses and coaches.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded, and is designed for candidates who don't already hold a formal qualification
How the apprenticeship works
During a motor vehicle qualification, apprentices are assessed on various stages of technology and maintenance, including health and safety and engineering skills. They'll go on to learn about frame and structural components, glazing and door units and body furniture, which will include hardware, exterior and interior claddings
Our Automotive Bus and Coach Body Cladding apprenticeships can be government-funded and are designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the assessment works
Apprentices are assessed through practical observations both in the workplace and at GTG Training. They will also complete online tests and be expected to submit job card evidence. Apprentices also complete vocational training in the workplace and attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block-release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical testing.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional