What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Business Administration Level 2 and 3 apprenticeship provides members of staff working in an administrative position with a qualification that demonstrates they possess the skills and knowledge to carry out their role to a professional standard. In addition it confirms to the employee that they have a range of flexible skills backed up by a nationally recognised vocational qualification.
Examples of the types of evidence needed to build their portfolio will include:
- CV, job description, appraisals, copies of certificates and qualifications
- Copies of work completed
- Testimonials from employers and colleagues or customers
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Business Administration Level 2 and 3 apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
This qualification is for those who are currently working in or who wish to work in an administrative position and would like to certify their competence in administrative skills. Candidates will normally expect to complete the Level 2 award within six months and the Level 3 within 9 to 12 months, although this might be achieved earlier depending on individual circumstances and the opportunities to gather evidence.
How the assessment works
After identifying the appropriate units, candidate will be supported by the appointed vocational qualification assessor in collecting sufficient and appropriate evidence. Having collected the evidence, the assessor will then ensure the required standards have been achieved. Assessments will take the form of observation, discussion and short reports completed by the candidate, supplemented by the evidence.
Assessment visits will be carried out on site at the candidate's workplace, which will include observations, will last for approximately 1 to 1.5 hours, although this can be extended or reduced depending on the situation.
Candidates will present evidence in a portfolio format, in order to demonstrate their competence against the National Occupational Standard for Business Administration.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Vehicle Fitting (England)
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) (England)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment (England)
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair (England)
- Vehicle Parts Operations (England)
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional