What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Electronic Fire and Security Systems apprenticeship provides prospective security technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a modern security technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Theory-based learning through the PDA
- Covering all disciplines of the electronic fire and security Industry
- Carrying out workshop and on-site assessments
- Covering all relevant standards for the industry
- Covering National Occupational Standards defined by Skills for Security
- Log book entries for every SVQ unit must be completed and will be assessed online through Onefile
- Reviews will be completed and sent to employers at the end of each visit
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Electronic Fire and Security Systems apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying for an electronic fire and security systems qualification, the apprentice will be assessed on various stages of technology and maintenance, including health and safety, intruder alarms, CCTV, access control, fire detection and networking systems.
They will develop the skills required to service and maintain security systems as well as diagnosing, inspecting, removing and replacing system components.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations both in the workplace and at GTG Training. They will also complete online tests be expected to submit job card evidence. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose-built workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional