What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Engineering Maintenance apprenticeship provides prospective maintenance engineers with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role, including the ability to organise work and identify and prevent problems.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Complying with statutory regulations and safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Working effectively in an engineering environment
- Handing over and confirming completion of maintenance activities
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on mechanical equipment
- Maintaining mechanical equipment
- Assisting in the installation of mechanical equipment
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Engineering Maintenance apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying an engineering maintenance qualification, the apprentice will be assessed on various stages of technology and maintenance, including health and safety, mechanical and electrical systems and electronic vehicle systems.
They will develop the skills required to carry out preventive maintenance activities as well as diagnosing, inspecting, installing, removing and replacing components.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations both in the workplace and at GTG Training. They will also complete a National Certificate that includes online tests and be expected to submit job card evidence. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose-built workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional