What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair apprenticeship provides prospective LT vehicle technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a modern automotive technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Conduct inspection of buses/coaches
- Developing skills in materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices
- Inspecting lift trucks to comply with legal requirements
- Diagnosing and rectifying lift truck power plant engine unit faults
- Diagnosing and rectifying lift truck mechanical handling and chassis system faults
- Diagnosing and rectifying lift truck electrical units and component faults
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations both in the workplace and at GTG Training. They will also complete online tests and be expected to submit job card evidence. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training.
How the assessment works
When studying a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed on various stages of technology and maintenance, including health and safety, engineering skills, going on to learn about frame and structural components, glazing and door units and body furniture that will include hardware, exterior and interior claddings.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Vehicle Fitting (England)
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) (England)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment (England)
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair (England)
- Vehicle Parts Operations (England)
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional