What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair apprenticeship provides prospective light vehicle technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a modern automotive technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Inspection of light vehicles
- Diagnosing and rectifying chassis units and components
- Diagnosing and rectifying vehicle engine and component faults
- Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with better skills.
Candidates will develop the skills required to service and maintain vehicle systems as well as diagnosing, inspecting, removing and replacing vehicle components.
The apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training.
How the assessment works
When studying a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed on various stages of technology and maintenance, including health and safety, mechanical and electrical systems and electronic vehicle systems.
They will develop the skills required to service and maintain vehicle systems as well as diagnosing, inspecting, removing and replacing vehicle components.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Vehicle Fitting (England)
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) (England)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment (England)
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair (England)
- Vehicle Parts Operations (England)
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional