What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Logistics Operations Level 3 apprenticeship provides employees involved within a transport environment with a qualification demonstrating they possess the skills and knowledge to carry out their role to a professional standard. In addition it confirms to the employee that they have a range of flexible skills backed up by a nationally recognised vocational qualification.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Making an effective contribution to the business
- Optimising the use of logistics resources
- Maintaining health and safety in logistics operations
- Monitoring the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods
- Scheduling logistics operations to meet customer requirements
- Applying technology in logistics operations
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Logistics Operations Level 3 apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
This qualification is for those who are currently working in or who wish to work in a transport and logistics industry. There are a total of seven units to be achieved as well as five core skills to complete this apprenticeship. Candidates will normally expect to complete the award within one year.
On completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate will qualify for free training as outlined below:
Funding is available for 16 to 19 year olds to enable them to complete Category C (rigid vehicle over 7.5 tonnes) driver training free of charge. Funding is also available for those aged 20 to 24, a contribution of £300 is required to cover the cost of medical, theories, DCPC and driving test, practical training will be free of charge.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations both in the workplace and at GTG Training. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training. Assessments will be carried out on site at the candidate's workplace and will take approximately five visits, each lasting around 1 to 1.5 hours.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Vehicle Fitting (England)
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) (England)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment (England)
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair (England)
- Vehicle Parts Operations (England)
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional