Logistics Operations Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship
The Logistics Operations Level 3 apprenticeship demonstrates that the employee is capable, competent and has a range of flexible skills backed up by a nationally-recognised vocational qualification.
Who does it apply to?
For those who are currently working in, or wish to work in the transport and logistics industry.
About the programme
Seven units must be achieved to complete the qualification, as well as five core skills.
Candidates will normally expect to complete the award within 12 months.
The SVQ assessments will be carried out on site at the company’s premises over approximately five visits, each lasting around 1-1.5 hours.
- Making an effective contribution to the business
- Optimising the use of logistics resources
- Maintaining health and safety
- Improving performance of logistics operations
- Monitoring the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods
- Scheduling logistics operations to meet customer requirements
- Applying technology in logistics operations
Core skills required:
- Information Technology
- Problem solving
- Working with others
How much does it cost?
The Logistics Operations qualification is government funded. On completion of the SVQ, candidates will qualify for free driver training in Category C vehicles (rigid vehicles over 7.5 tonnes).
For 16-19 year olds, training is free. For those aged 20-24, a contribution of £300 is required to cover the cost of a medical, theories, DCPC and driving test.