What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Supply Chain Specialist Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver Level 2 apprenticeship provides LGV drivers with a qualification demonstrating they possess the skills and knowledge required to carry out the role of an LGV driver to a professional standard.
In addition, it confirms to the employee that they have a range of flexible skills backed up by a nationally recognised vocational qualification.
Examples of units covered are:
- Vehicle safety and preparation
- Using industry-recognised systems and technology
- Safe and fuel-efficient driving (SAFED) techniques
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and customers
- Transport planning
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Supply Chain Specialist Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver Level 2 apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
The apprenticeship is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
Candidates for the Supply Chain Specialist Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver Level 2 apprenticeship must hold a valid UK category B driving licence in order to access this apprenticeship and they must be 18 years old by the time they are ready to gain their provisional vocational licence.
The apprenticeship will take a minimum of 12 months to complete prior to taking the end-point assessment.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations in the workplace and at GTG Training.
The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG's purpose-built training facility to complete their LGV Licence acquisition.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Vehicle Fitting (England)
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) (England)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment (England)
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair (England)
- Vehicle Parts Operations (England)
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional