What this apprenticeship teaches you
The MET apprenticeship provides prospective vehicle fitting technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a modern fast-fit technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Removing, renewing and refitting electro mechanical and electronic components
- Removing and reinstating complete vehicle electro mechanical and electronic systems and assemblies following accident damage
- Stripping vehicles to assess the extent and type of damage
- Removing, renewing and refitting trim fitments directly linked to safety systems
- Handling automotive refrigerants
- Motor vehicle body mechanical fastening operations
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying for a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed on various stages of technology and maintenance, including health and safety, mechanical, electrical and trim system removal and replacement. This apprenticeship programme will enable students to become part of the next generation of bodyshop technicians who are able to adapt to changing collision repair technologies.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations in both the workplace and at GTG Training. They will also complete online tests and be expected to submit job card evidence. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional