What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment apprenticeship gives prospective body repair and alignment technicians the necessary skills and knowledge to be in the role of an automotive technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Identify and rectify motor vehicle body misalignment
- Motor vehicle body MIG/MAG welding operations
- Motor vehicle body resistance spot welding operations
- Motor vehicle body MIG brazing operations
- Reducing risks to health and safety
- Maintaining working relationships
- Using of hand tools and equipment in motor vehicle engineering
- Remove and replace motor vehicle body panels
- Repair major motor vehicle exterior body panels
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed and reviewed regularly to ensure apprentices achieve the required skills to successfully complete their apprenticeships.
Candidates are expected to complete their apprenticeships within 36 months.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis. As part of the programme the employer and training provider will assess the progressive development via assessments at the end of Gateway's 1 and 2.
The final End Point Assessment will consist of on-line knowledge, practical skills tests and a professional discussion.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Vehicle Fitting (England)
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) (England)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment (England)
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair (England)
- Vehicle Parts Operations (England)
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional