What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Vehicle Fitting apprenticeship provides prospective vehicle fitting technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a fast-fit technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Carrying out routine light vehicle maintenance
- Inspecting, adjusting and replacing light vehicle braking systems and components
- Maintaining working relationships
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing high performance light vehicle tyres
- Carrying out light vehicle four-wheel alignment
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle exhaust components
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Vehicle Fitting apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed and reviewed regularly to ensure apprentices achieve the required skills to successfully complete their apprenticeships.
Candidates are expected to complete their apprenticeships within 36 months.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis. As part of the programme the employer and training provider will assess the progressive development via assessments at the end of Gateway's 1 and 2.
The final End Point Assessment will consist of online knowledge, practical skills tests and a professional discussion.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Vehicle Fitting (England)
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) (England)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment (England)
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair (England)
- Vehicle Parts Operations (England)
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional