What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Vehicle Fitting apprenticeship provides prospective vehicle fitting technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a modern fast-fit technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Carrying out routine light vehicle maintenance
- Inspecting, adjusting and replacing light vehicle braking systems and components
- Maintaining working relationships
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing high performance light vehicle tyres
- Carrying out light vehicle four-wheel alignment
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle exhaust components
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Vehicle Fitting apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying for a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed on various stages of technology and maintenance, including health and safety, mechanical and braking systems and vehicle tyre systems. They will develop the skills required to service and maintain vehicle systems as well as inspecting, removing and replacing vehicle components.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations in both the workplace and at GTG Training. They will also complete online tests and be expected to submit job card evidence. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional