What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Vehicle Paintwork Repair apprenticeship provides prospective paintwork technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a vehicle paint technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Contributing to housekeeping
- Reducing risks to health and safety
- Maintaining working relationships
- Preparing metal and pre-painted surfaces
- Establishing defects on motor vehicles
- Spot repair on motor vehicles
- Carrying out blend/fade out repair
- Edge to edge repair
- Mixing and matching colours for motor vehicles
- Advanced colour matching for motor vehicles
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Vehicle Paintwork Repair apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
The apprenticeship can be government-funded and are designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed and reviewed regularly to ensure apprentices achieve the required skills to successfully complete their apprenticeships. Candidates are expected to complete their apprenticeships within 36 months.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis. As part of the programme the employer and training provider will assess the progressive development via assessments at the end of Gateways 1 and 2.
The final End Point Assessment will consist of on-line knowledge, practical skills tests and a professional discussion.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional