What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Vehicle Parts Operations course provides prospective parts employees with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of supporting customers and working in modern, fast-paced workshops.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Reducing risks to health and safety in the motor vehicle environment
- Following procedures and identifying and reporting security risks
- Correctly selecting and issuing motor vehicle parts
- Receiving and storing vehicle parts
- Processing orders for non-stock motor vehicle parts
- Processing payment transactions
- Carrying out stock control within a vehicle parts operation
- Monitoring and solving customer service problems
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Vehicle Parts Operations apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
The apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed and reviewed regularly to ensure apprentices achieve the required skills to successfully complete their apprenticeships.
Candidates are expected to complete their apprenticeships within 36 months.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations both in the workplace and at GTG Training. They will also complete online tests and be expected to submit job card evidence. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional