Warehousing and Storage Level 2 Modern Apprenticeship
The Warehousing and Storage Level 2 qualification provides warehouse operatives with a qualification to demonstrate they possess the skills and knowledge to carry out their role to a professional standard.
Who does it apply to?
Those who are currently working in, or who wish to work in a warehousing and storage facility in logistics.
About the programme
There are nine units to be achieved to complete the qualification, plus five core skills.
Candidates will normally expect to complete the award within 12 months.
The SVQ assessments will be carried out on-site at the company’s premises over approximately five visits, each lasting around 1-1.5 hours.
- Maintaining health, safety and security in logistics operations
- Developing effective working relationships with colleagues in logistics operations
- Operating equipment to perform work requirements
- Receiving goods from deliveries
- Placing goods in storage
- Processing orders for dispatch to customers
- Assembling orders for dispatch
- Providing leadership for your team
- Moving or handling goods in logistics operations
- Picking goods
Core skills required:
- Information Technology
- Problem solving
- Working with others
How much does it cost?
The Warehousing and Storage qualification is government funded.
On completion of the SVQ, candidates will qualify for either five days of free forklift training in one of our centres, or three days if they have had previous forklift experience.
Candidates will receive an RTITB certificate on completion of the qualification as well as their SVQ and Modern Apprenticeship certificates. Funding is currently available for candidates aged between 16-24 years old.