What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Warehousing and Storage Level 3 apprenticeship provides warehouse operatives with a qualification to demonstrate they possess the skills and knowledge required to carry out their role to a professional standard. In addition it confirms to the employee that they have a range of flexible skills backed up by a nationally recognised vocational qualification.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Monitoring the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods
- Checking stock levels and stock records
- Responding to problems in logistics operations
- Improving performance in logistics operations
- Using equipment to move goods in logistics operations
- Applying technology in logistics operations
- Providing leadership for your team
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Warehousing and Storage Level 3 apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
This apprenticeship can be government-funded and is designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
This qualification is for those who are currently working in or who wish to work in a warehousing and storage facility in logistics, at a supervisory level. There are a total of eight units to be achieved as well as five core skills to complete this apprenticeship. Candidates will normally expect to complete the award within one year.
On completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate will qualify for free forklift training as outlined below:
Candidates will receive free of charge, either five days forklift training in our centre or three days if they have had previous experience of operating forklifts.
Candidates will receive an RTITB certificate on completion of the qualification as well as their MA certificates. Funding is currently available for candidates aged from 16 to 24 years old.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations both in the workplace and at GTG Training. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training. Assessments will be carried out on site at the candidate's workplace are will take approximately five visits, each lasting around 1 to 1.5 hours.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (England)
- Vehicle Fitting (England)
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) (England)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment (England)
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair (England)
- Vehicle Parts Operations (England)
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional