HGV Wheels and Tyres
This course will provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills and understanding of HGV tyre identification, diagnosing tyre faults, removal and replacement, puncture repair, tread cutting and safety. The course contains practical content and full participation by delegates will be required.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. However dates are flexible and we may put on courses for larger groups. Please contact us for more information
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of truck tyre technology
- Explain truck tyre and wheel relationships
- Demonstrate safe fitting and removal of truck tyres
- Repair punctures
- Demonstrate correct regrooving of a truck tyre
- Diagnose common causes of tyre wear and damage
- Utilise the knowledge and experience gained to improve Health and Safety practices
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for technicians who carry out this aspect of repair.
Delegates should be HGV tyre fitters who have recently started work or are intending to start work on commercial vehicles.