IMI Accreditation Autoglazing (ATA) Bodyshop Technician
The IMI Accreditation Autoglazing route is intended for technicians whose job role involves the repair of vehicles typically involved in accidents or similar incident circumstances. The accreditation will certify technicians ability to Body Shop Autoglazing technician level.
This accreditation will demonstrate the technicians ability to:
Prepare the vehicle with the appropriate level of protection for the task both for
exterior and interior
- Remove bonded 1/4 glazing unit without causing damage to vehicle body or glass.
Identify the method and procedure required to refit the bonded 1/4 glazing unit to
Modules involved in this course are:
- Front windscreen remove and repair - intact
- Heated rear windscreen remove and replace - intact
- Bonded front/rear 1/4 glazing unit - intact
- An IMI Accredited certificate
- Inclusion on the IMI professional register
- Industry wide recognition of their skills and abilities
- Advice and guidance for development
An opportunity for career progression
It will assure you as a garage owner and your customers that your technicians are up
to the National Occupations Standards.
- You will be able to grade your technicians for pay awards.
- Proof of current technician competence and professional responsibility
- A benchmark for technician recruitment and training
Who Should Attend
Anyone employed as a fitter in the autoglazing sector.
Technicians should be working in the glazing sector of the automotive industry and ideally have at least 3 years experience ensuring familiarity with the skills, knowledge & techniques for this role.