IMI Accreditation Light Vehicle (ATA) Service Maintenance Technician
This accreditation will demonstrate the technician ability to:
- Obtain the alignment target from the manufacturer for the vehicle model.
Demonstrate the appropriate knowledge in the use of personal protection equipment
follow Health and Safety procedures
- Understand additional vehicle components
To use wheel alignment tools and equipment.
Technicians must pass five practical tests (listed below) and an outline knowledge test.
Modules Involved are:
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical systems (basic)
- Computer based test equipment (basic)
- Braking system
- Vehicle safety inspection
- Vehicle service
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. However dates are flexible and we may put on courses for larger groups. Please contact us for more information
An IMI accredited certificate
- Inclusion on the IMI professional register
Industry wide recognition of their skills and abilities
- Advice and guidance development
- An opportunity for career progression
It will assure you as a garage owner and your customer that you technicians are up
to the National Occupational Standards.
- You will be able to grade your technicians for pay awards.
- Proof of current technical competence and professional responsibility.
- A benchmark for technician recruitment and training.
Who Should Attend
Technicians should be working in the light vehicle sector of the industry and ideally have at least two years experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to service, maintain and repair vehicles.
Technicians should be working in the light vehicle sector of the industry,ideally have at least 2 years experience to ensure they are familiar wit the skills knowledge and techniques required.