IMI Accreditation Senior Panel Technician (ATA)
Candidates will have to successfully complete a range of practical and knowledge based assessment. IMI Accreditation is achieved through full assessment, which involves the completion of all practical and knowledge based assessments.
The accreditation will certify technicians ability to Senior Panel Level.
Technicians must pass seven practical tests (listed below) and an online knowledge test.
Modules involved are:
- Cosmetic Panel Alignment
- MET - Complex
- Panel Damage (rectification)
- Welded Panel/Section MAG/MIG Braze/Bond/Rivet
- Rectify Bodyshell Misalignment (Setup, Measure, Adjust)
- Aluminium Cosmetic Panel.
- Cold Filler Repair.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. However dates are flexible and we may put on courses for larger groups. Please contact us for more information
- An IMI accredited certificate
- Inclusion on the IMI professional register
- Industry wide recognition of their skills and abilities
- Advice and guidance for development
- An opportunity for career progression
It will assure you as a garage own and your customers that you technicians are up to
the National Occupational Standards.
- You will be able to grade your technicians for pay awards.
- Proof of current technical competence and professional responsibility
- A benchmark for technician recruitment and training.
Who Should Attend
The assessment is designed for technicians whose job role involves the repair of vehicles typically involved in accidents or similar accidents incident circumstances.
The senior technician should be working in the accident repair sector of the industry and have at least three years experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques.