It is impossible to be part of an organisation today and not attend meetings. Staff meetings, project meetings, planning and coordinating meetings — they all take time. There has been a growing realisation that we have to pay attention to the process elements of meetings, if we want them to be effective. With its focus on asking rather than telling, and listening to build consensus, facilitation is the new leadership ideal, the core competency everybody needs.
Managers and supervisors are often asked to facilitate rather than instruct or manage their meetings and training sessions.
This workshop has been created to make core facilitation skills better understood and readily available for your organisation. It represents materials and ideas that have been tested and refined over twenty years of active facilitation in all types of settings.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. However dates are flexible and we may put on courses for larger groups. Please contact us for more information
- Distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- Identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- Understand the different between content and process
- Identify the four stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Use common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has to facilitate meetings and training sessions.
No previous experience is required.