HR Course for Non HR Managers
This is a three-day overview of human resource issues facing today's business owners and managers. You do not always have the expertise to deal with the many employee relationship issues you face, and yet you will be expected to make decisions that are both effective and legal.
This HR course will: walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring process (such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline).
As a manager, it can be difficult to be an expert in every field. For managers who don’t have a detailed HR background, this course gives a solid grounding and base in the field.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. However dates are flexible and we may put on courses for larger groups. Please contact us for more information
- The latest trends in the human resource field and the changing role of the human resource professional
- How to write job specifications and identify core competencies
- Methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioural description interviewing techniques
- How to get employees off to a good start
- How to deal with compensation and benefits
- How to maintain healthy employee relations
- How to make performance appraisals a cooperative process
- Test your delegation skills
Who Should Attend
Managers who do not have a detailed HR background but need a solid grounding and base in this field.
No previous experience is required.