Minute Taker's Workshop
This course is designed to assist new and inexperienced minute takers to develop into their role. The role of a minute taker is arguably the most important role in a meeting. It has been said that if the minutes of a meeting are not accurate, then the meeting may just as well not have taken place. Minute takers need to fully understand the responsibilities of the role, and also the skills and attitudes needed.
This workshop will enable participants to understand their role as a minute taker, and techniques for producing minutes that are fit for purpose.
The role of the minute taker is often misunderstood; however, this course will outline the importance of the role, why the role exists as well demonstrate the best techniques to create perfect minutes in various styles.
From 2 May 2019
From 28 Oct 2019
From 20 May 2019
From 1 Jul 2019
|West Midlands||1 Day||
From 4 Dec 2019
- The role of a minute taker and their own specific responsibilities.
- Common problems and solutions in small groups
- The three key skills that a minute taker must have
- Meeting Agreements
- Styles and Types of Minutes
- Taking Notes and Recording
- Techniques for Preparing Minutes
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wishes to learn how to fulfil the role of a minute taker.