Microsoft Word 2010 - Introduction
Microsoft Word is a word processing program that allows you to create, edit, format and save documents. It is designed for people interested in learning the basic features of Microsoft Word and will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce common business documents as well as give you the opportunity to apply them.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. However dates are flexible and we may put on courses for larger groups. Please contact us for more information
- Identify the different elements of the Microsoft Word screen
- Examine the Microsoft Word ribbon interface
- Create a document, enter text and switch between different views
- Use automatic text features for inserting text
- Edit and make changes to existing documents
- Apply different methods to move and copy text and data objects within and between documents
- Use text formatting to emphasise words, phrases and titles
- Emphasise headings or text that you want to stand out by applying borders and shading
- Use the paragraph formatting tools to modify line and paragraph spacing and alignment
- Understand how to set the size, orientation, and margins of a document
- Preview a document before printing and to set different print options
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use the basic features of Microsoft Word.
No previous experience of Microsoft Word is required. Delegates must have experience working in a Windows environment with a mouse and be able to use Windows to manage information.