Make an enquiry about this courseBook now
Mounting abrasive wheels is an essential operation in workshops. PUWER 1998 states that: ‘Any person who mounts abrasive wheels must be trained in accordance with the regulation, and must be competent to carry out the duty and be appointed by the factory occupier.’
With this statement in mind, this training course is mandatory to all workshop personnel involved in the adjusting, assembling, and changing of abrasive wheels. The course also integrates an understanding of the implications of the HASAWA (Health & Safety at Work Act). Current legislation requires employers to provide training to staff in the actions to be taken in the event of a fire. The abrasive wheels training course covers the essentials required to meet this legislation.
Who should attend?
All workshop personnel involved in the use of grinding machines/abrasive wheels.
Select, store and mount abrasive wheels correctly and in line with the relevant health and safety regulation.
- Complete approved advisory literature relating to the mounting of abrasive wheels.
- Recognise hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels and understand the precautions which should be observed.
- Understand the markings of abrasive wheels regarding type and speed
- Inspect and test wheels for damage, and wear and tear.
- Understand the functions of all major and minor components.
- Correct, assemble and balance abrasive wheels.
- Understand the implications of the HASAWA 1974.
There are no formal entry requirements.
Half day course
Please contact GTG for pricing breakdown