Make an enquiry about this courseBook now
This course is designed to train delegates how to safely operate a road roller, and to provide a thorough understanding of their responsibilities and the actions they should take to maintain a safe working environment.
Who should attend?
Delegates who will be required to operate road rollers in a working environment.
- Basic industry understanding, awareness of dangers and responsibilities
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s handbook for the machine
- Locate and identify major components and explain their function
- Locate and identify key controls and explain their function
- Conduct pre-use checks in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and legislative requirements
- Identify necessary PPE for roller use
- Prepare for use and operate machine safely
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at working area
- Environmental considerations
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out end of shift and shut down procedures
No previous experience is required.
Novice course duration: 3 days - maximum ratio: 3:1:1
Refresher course duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 3:1:1
Experienced worker tests duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 6:1:1
Please contact GTG for pricing breakdown.