Make an enquiry about this courseBook now
This course is designed to train delegates how to safely sling loads and direct crane operator using signalling methods, and to provide a thorough understanding of their responsibilities and the actions they should take to maintain a safe working environment.
Who should attend?
Delegates who will be required to act as slinger or signaller in a working environment.
- Basic industry understanding, awareness of dangers and responsibilities
- Be able to conform to manufacturers as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
- Locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and their functions
- Be able to interpret and extract information on all relevant documents
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non-serviceable items
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out of service
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any overhead hazards
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for slinger or signaller use
- Secure various types of loads to a hook using the relevant lifting accessories and procedures ensuring load balance, security and integrity
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location using different methods of communication
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all out of service and securing procedures
No previous experience is required.
Novice course duration: 2 days - maximum ratio: 3:1:1
Refresher course duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 3:1:1
Experienced worker tests duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 6:1:1
Please contact GTG for pricing breakdown.