British Safety Council Level 2 Award in DSE Risk Assessment
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 require employers to assess both the workstation and the working environment of employees who regularly use computer workstations.
The Level 2 Award in DSE Risk Assessment provides formal recognition of an individual's ability to undertake a DSE risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive's guidance to the regulations.
Accredited by the Ofqual at Level 2 in the qualifications and credit framework (QCF).
Our training utilises the very latest learning methods, with special emphasis on participative and interactive techniques. Overall, the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience and, through tutor-led sessions, build on that experience so that every participant is able to manage risk assessment effectively and realistically. The training sets out to develop sound and practical knowledge and understanding for day-to-day application in the workplace and prepares each participant for the Level 2 qualification assessment.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. However dates are flexible and we may put on courses for larger groups. Please contact us for more information
- Reasons for Conducting DSE Risk Assessments
- Main Legislation Relating to DSE Risk Assessment
- Competencies Required of DSE Risk Assessors
- Health Effects Relating to DSE Use
- Main Causes of Ill-Health Relating to DSE Use
- Principles and Benefits of Good Ergonomic Design
- Minimum Requirements for Workstations
- Recording the Findings of a DSE Risk Assessment
- Making Recommendations Based on the Findings
- Reviewing and Revising a DSE Risk Assessment
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has to assess workstations and the working environment of employees who regularly use computer workstations.