Manual Handling Instructors
The course provides an opportunity to understand and practice a professional approach to training design and delivery, with a structured syllabus and assessment opportunity.
It is ideal for anyone who needs to either understand the basics of training practice, or wants to refine their training techniques.
The course will also give delegates the skills to deliver sound manual handling techniques and understand the processes of conducting manual handling risk assessments.
Those who have never delivered training before will find it an ideal basis for their future training activities.
The programme will involve a significant amount of hands-on activity, with additional work outside the sessions to develop the content and materials for assessment on the final day.
The programme is quite demanding, because it results in the acquisition of new skills and techniques over a short period.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. However dates are flexible and we may put on courses for larger groups. Please contact us for more information
On completion of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Design training sessions by carrying out effective planning and preparation
- Understand how training can best be delivered to secure effective learning
- Understand how to structure and design training sessions
- Make training sessions interesting, stimulating and relevant
- Prepare and deliver a manual handling awareness training package
- Carry out and record suitable and sufficient manual handling risk assessments
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, instructors, training officers, safety professionals and others with responsibility for instructing others in manual handling and for carrying out manual handling risk assessments.
Certification applies to the company with which delegates are currently employed, and covers the instruction of employees within that organisation only.