NEBOSH GC1 Course
The National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is the most popular Health & Safety qualification with over 175,000 awardees. Delegates include recently appointed Safety Practitioners, Directors, Managers and Supervisors and those within an organisation whom require a good understanding of the management of Health & Safety in the workplace. To ensure relevant understanding we apply a combined learning approach of 36 hours tutor lead and 23 hours home study.
Delegates will develop a sound understanding of Health & Safety duties, regulations, policies and procedures and these additional skills can be applied from an office environment to the more complex industries. This is unit 1 of the full certificate and the elements covered within the syllabus are;
Element 1 - Foundations of Health and Safety
Element 2 - Health and Safety Management Systems - Plan
Element 3 - Health and Safety Management Systems - Do
Element 4 - Health and Safety Management Systems - Check
Element 5 - Health and Safety Management Systems - Act
From 3 Jul 2019
From 29 May 2019
On completion of this course, you will have:
- Underpinning knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, duties, regulations and HSE guidance
- Knowledge and understanding of workplace hazards and methods of control
- Knowledge and understanding of the benefit and purpose of a Health & Safety Management System and cultures within the workplace
- The theory of accident/incident investigation and RIDDOR regulations
- A breadth of knowledge of the organisational responsibilities and how to practically and effectively apply them.
Who Should Attend
People who have a key responsibility for Health and Safety at work, such as; Safety Advisors, Managers, Supervisors or a nominated competent persons.
There are no formal entry criteria for admission to the NEBOSH GC1 course however some understanding of the practical application of Health & Safety in the workplace would be beneficial.