Automotive Technical training with GTG
GTG's Automotive Technical training courses are approved by many prestigious bodies such as SQA, IMI and City and Guilds, and take place at our state-of-the-art training establishments in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Wolverhampton.
Tour our workshops
We have courses available in:
Light Vehicle Technician
- ATA Inspection Familiarisation
- Electric Vehicle Safe Working Practices AOM081
- IMI Accreditation Light Vehicle Inspection Technician (ATA)
- IMI Accreditation MET Technician (ATA)
- IMI Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (Class 4 and 7)
- IMI Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006) (VRQ)- 500/6771/0
- IMI Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling EC 842-2006 (Air Conditioning)
- IMI Level 3 Award in MOT Test Centre Management
- MOT CPD (AM)
- MOT CPD (PM)
Heavy Vehicle Technician
Body Repair Centre
Light Vehicle Maintenance (Level 3)
This IMI accredited qualification is suitable for light vehicle technicians with three years’ experience. This course allows technicians to hone their skills in disciplines such as service and maintenance, MOT testing and diagnostics training.
Heavy Vehicle Technicians
Our Heavy Vehicle courses are ideal for technicians who have previous experience working with HGVs and would like to update their skills to the latest industry standards.
Bus & Coach
Working with partners including Stagecoach and National Express, GTG offers high quality training in a range of high-spec workshops built specifically for working with buses and coaches.
Making sure your technicians are up to the National Occupational standard is essential, particularly when conducting bodyshop reviews and repairs on vehicles that have been involved in an accident. GTG provides a range of approved training in areas such as welding, painting, autoglazing repairs and service maintenance training.
Hybrid & Electric
The automotive industry is moving at a fast pace and with the evolution of cars moving towards hybrid and electric, it’s crucial that technicians are prepared to work with these vehicles. GTG offers training courses with master technicians in centres in dedicated workspaces for electric and hybrid vehicles.