If you are keen to pursue a new career opportunity within the Warehouse & Logistics Industry, GTG will train you to achieve your forklift licence and also assist with setting up an employer interview upon completion of your training. Please note that eligibility criteria will apply.
This training programme will cover the following elements:
Day 1 – Health & Safety Awareness
The aim of this course is to make candidates aware of their Health & Safety relating to the workplace.
Candidates will understand:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act
- The main duties of an employer
- The main duties on an employee
- Health & Safety Competency
- Risk Assessments (Hazards & Risks)
- Accident & Incident Reporting
- Accident Prevention Strategies
Day 2 – Emergency First Aid
This course is designed to provide candidates with the necessary skills required to carry out Emergency First Aid at work prior to medical aid being obtained. This course is fully certified by the First Aid Industry Body.
Candidates will learn how to:
- Act in an Emergency Situation
- Care for an unconscious casualty
- Deal with circulatory and or anaphylactic shock
- Carry out Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Deal with a chocking casualty
- Deal with a casualty suffering from a seizure
- Deal with minor injuries and external bleeding
Day 3 – Manual Handling
This course is designed to convey the best means of lifting and handling of items, to explore safer ways in reducing or avoiding the risk of injury. The course is delivered in line with current advice & guidance as made available by the HSE.
Candidates will learn the following:
- How to state the current legislation on manual handling operations
- How to demonstrate the effect on the spine of the correct and incorrect lifting techniques
- How to demonstrate the correct manual handling lifting & handling techniques
- Learn the employers and employees responsibilities
- Learn Spinal awareness, injuries & their causes
- The consideration to be taken before undertaking lifting & handling tasks and assessing the task & risk
Week 2 - 3
Novice Counterbalance Forklift Truck Operator, Pallet Stacker & Reach Truck Training
The novice forklift & pallet stacker training course is designed to teach new entrants to drive lift trucks and to gain an operators certificate as required by the Code of Practice.
Candidates will learn:
- To achieve safe operating procedures in accordance with the approved Code of Practice for the Lift Truck Industry
- To gain associated knowledge in safe handling techniques
- To be aware of relevant Health & Safety relating to Lift Trucks
- The theoretical knowledge & practical skills to operate a Lift Truck under varying work & operating conditions safely and efficiently.
Upon completion of the programme, candidates will benefit from:
- Achieving an RTITB Operators Licence
- Moving into full time employment
- Gaining employment within a well-paid industry
- Career progression
- An opportunity to upskill & earn a higher paid job
- Being able to work full time hours
- Can move onto a Warehouse & Storage Apprenticeship to gain a further qualification
Weeks 4 - 5
Candidates will be involved in a maximum 2 week work experience placement. The Work Experience is an integral component of the Programme to assist candidates in getting back into a working environment & to enhance job prospects.