Identify and fill skills gaps
About Skills Bootcamps at GTG
Skills Bootcamps are flexible courses of up to 16 weeks for adults aged 19 or over. They give people the opportunity to build up valuable sector-specific skills based on local employer demand and provide a direct path to a job on completion.
They are co-designed or shaped with employers to respond to their skills shortages. This training is for adults who are either in work, self-employed, unemployed or returning to work after a break.
GTG's HGV Skills Bootcamps are available for the logistics industry (HGV driving, ADR and transport managers). Employers can work with GTG Training to develop and deliver HGV Skills Bootcamps to help you fill skill shortage vacancies that are specific to your business.
*Please note, Skills Bootcamps are only available in England.
Skills Bootcamps Pathways
Our Skills Bootcamps also include additional skills which are relevant to each pathway. These include (but are not limited to) the courses in the table below.
Drivers’ Knowledge Camps
Safety in Transport
Mental Health Awareness
Realities of Transport
English, Maths and Digital Skills
Equality and Diversity training
Emergency First Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
At GTG Wolverhampton we offer a range of HGV Skills Bootcamps for businesses, so you can fill skills gaps within the logistics sector of your company. The six pathways that we offer are:
- B to C+E
- B to C+E with additional training (ADR)
- C to C+E
- Driver to ADR
- C Refresher to C+E
- CILT Transport Manager
Small employers are asked to contribute 10% towards the total cost of the Skills Bootcamp, with the remaining balance funded by the government. Medium and large employers are asked to contribute 30% of the total cost, with the remaining 70% funded by the government.
As an employer, some of your responsibilities will include providing:
- A safe work environment
- An induction which includes explaining relevant policies and procedures
- A line manager to support, supervise and mentor the student
- A guaranteed interview as part of the Skills Bootcamp provision
In addition to accessing government-funded training and filling skills gaps within your business, our HGV Skills Bootcamps have a range of benefits for employers, helping you to:
- Develop a loyal and talented workforce with the skills you need quickly
- Futureproof your business in a rapidly changing labour market
- Improve your productivity; learners are motivated to learn new skills, provide new ideas and a fresh perspective
- Recruit staff with the right training and skills from the outset
- Get access to a pipeline of skilled adults by working with existing Skills Bootcamps providers
If you have skills gaps within your business, but you don't have staff available to upskill, we'll work with you to recruit and train new employees to suit your business needs.
For more information, please fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch!
Skills for Life Skills Bootcamps
Ofsted - Good Provider
Department for Education
Interested in Skills Bootcamps at GTG? Apply below!
Please note, Skills Bootcamps are only available in England.