What this apprenticeship teaches you
The Vehicle Paintwork Repair apprenticeship provides prospective paintwork technicians with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of a modern vehicle paint technician.
Examples of the units covered are:
- Contributing to housekeeping
- Reducing risks to health and safety
- Maintaining working relationships
- Preparing metal and pre-painted surfaces
- Establishing defects on motor vehicles
- Spot repair on motor vehicles
- Carrying out blend/fade out repair
- Edge to edge repair
- Mixing and matching colours for motor vehicles
- Advanced colour matching for motor vehicles
Why choose this apprenticeship
The Vehicle Paintwork Repair apprenticeship is great for employers, helping businesses build a stronger, more confident workforce equipped with greater skills.
Our Vehicle Paintwork Repair apprenticeships can be government-funded and are designed for candidates who do not hold a formal qualification.
How the apprenticeship works
When studying a motor vehicle qualification, the apprentice will be assessed on various stages of technology and maintenance, including health and safety and preparing vehicles to be painted after damage. This can include ensuring all parts are stripped from the vehicle in order for it to be painted, preparing relevant areas and adjoining areas for blending paintwork, masking out the vehicle, selecting, etching and priming the area to be treated and nally mixing and matching colour to the rest of the vehicle.
How the assessment works
The apprentice will be assessed through practical observations both in the workplace and at GTG Training. They will also complete online tests and be expected to submit job card evidence. The apprentice will undertake vocational training in the workplace and will attend GTG Training's purpose-built motor vehicle workshop on a block release basis for underpinning knowledge and practical training.
Apprenticeship Programmes at GTG
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Bus and Coach Body Cladding
- Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Fitting
- Vehicle Accident Repair Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
- Vehicle Body Repair and Alignment
- Vehicle Paintwork Repair
- Vehicle Parts Operations
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
- Management Level 3
- Management Level 4
- Retail Skills Level 2
- Retail Skills Level 3 - Sales Professional